Different people have diverse ways of starting their days each morning. A student can decide to check out the bid for writing for valuable tips while an adult can decide to hit the gym before starting their respective days. Some can even decide to start their day with a specific type of meditation. So how can one start their day effectively and productively?
A lot happens within a day, and most individuals always have a full in-tray when it comes to tasks at work, education, and family matters. The success of completing all these tasks lies in the mood, spirits, focus, and motivation that they carry to work each day. How one starts the day, therefore, dictates the success rate one can achieve on their set daily objectives. For instance, a day that starts with procrastination can make one procrastinate throughout the day and become less productive.
Productive Ways of Starting Your Day
For you to get productive, you need to consider starting your day in any of the following ways.
- You can decide to take a two and a half or three-mile walk either with your wife or husband besides your dog for people who are married. The first few miles will prove quiet as both of you still wake up from the night’s sleep. However, by the time you complete the walk, you will feel completely awake and fired up to face the day’s activities and challenges that it might present with the confidence of your partner’s support. Such a productive method gets employed by highly successful people like Kimberly Jones, a chief executive officer of Butler/Till, who doubles up as the company president.
- You can also decide to read industry news, especially in instances where your presence is essential within the household. Maybe when you have a three-year-old son or daughter, and they need tending in between getting ready for work. Getting acquainted with industry news can prove significant when your career position requires constant updates because of the evolving nature of the industry. It can ensure that besides taking excellent care of your child and family, you also serve your employees, customers, and investors the best way you can. Kathryn Petralia, who is the co-founder of the firm, Kabbage, Inc., effectively utilizes this strategy because of her young son.
- You can also figure out the items that rank as the most vital in your day’s to-do list. It can be your business or family or whichever thing in your life. At times the list can prove too long, and it, therefore, becomes essential to prioritize. It is essential to believe in staying busy and living a complete life while ensuring every project you undertake moves forward. It is a method and mantra that works perfectly for the Package Concierge founder, Georgianna Oliver.
- Turning on some inspirational music can prove the best and productive way to start the day. The right music can assist you in getting into the right frame of mind to tackle a day and the obstacles it throws at you. Set the music and drink some water to hydrate as the music plays before making coffee. You can then answer some of your emails and run some errands like making school lunch for your kids before they wake up. The strategy works for the Fitz Frames founder, Heidi Hertel.
- Showing some gratitude for everything you have can also prove a productive way to start the day. You can even do this while still in bed, and rest assured, it will impact your whole day. The strategy works for Arel Moodie, the founder of the Art of Likability.
- Meditation is also a perfect and productive way to start your day. Take the first fifteen to twenty minutes meditating and get grounded before facing the day and all the activities it brings. The method works for MKG Marketing’s COO, Kerry Guard.
Your entire day gets pegged by how you start it, and therefore starting it positively and productively can prove vital in having successful days. Follow at least one of the methods mentioned above to kick-start your day and watch how productive and successful your days can turn out to be.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Life category