“Blood is thicker than Water.” If you have a sibling, perhaps you believe in this. Siblings are the two different sides of the same coin, they are undeniably close, partners in crime, and best friends with each other.
Brothers and sisters know each other’s darkest secrets, unseen fears, and greatest desires. They laugh and cry together and have seen each other grow into different personalities over the years. They are each other’s support, pillar of strength, and everything.
With that being said, here are the upside of having siblings. And, if you have one, you are indeed lucky!
- A companion for life: If you have a brother or sister, you have a companion for life. Someone to hang out, talk, laugh, share for a lifetime. In short, you will never be alone. Even, if you are miles away from each other, siblings are always a call away. They make an effort to stay connected.
- Unconditional Love and Support: No one loves as siblings do! Their love is pure, selfless, and unconditional. Also, they support your endeavours and dreams when no one does. The condition less, unselfish love and support that brothers and sisters harbor for each other in their heart makes this relationship all the more beautiful. Raksha Bandhan is knocking the doors, so send rakhi to Australia to your brother to shower him with all your love.
- An ear to listen and shoulder to lean: Your siblings know you inside-out. This means, they understand you better than your friends, peers, and relatives. So, you can talk to him or her everything your heart desires without the fear of being judged. Also, you very well know that having a sibling means an ear to listen. Yes, they will hear you out and will lend you their shoulder to lean whenever you feel low. You can count on them your whole life.
- Sharing Everything: From their toys to rakhi gifts to life, siblings share everything. “What’s mine is yours” definitely applies to siblings. You can share everything with your brothers and sisters. Your dreams, fears, talks, fantasies, bad and good days, everything. No one teaches better than siblings teaches us that sharing is caring.
- Happy and Healthier Life: Having a sibling means living a healthier and happier life. Yes, this one is backed by scientific evidence as well. Siblings help you develop better and healthy habits, keeps mental stress away by not allowing you to sulk alone, sharing your fears, listening to you, guiding you, and keeps you happy by making you laugh. You would agree; your sibling is your source of entertainment.
- A feeling of security: Don’t you feel more secure with your sibling? Siblings are like knights in the shining armour protecting their brothers and sisters from all the evils. In their company, you feel safe and secure.
- A Second Home: If your sibling lives in another country or city, you know you always have a welcoming home. A second home where you can rest, relax, unwind, and be happy. And, it’s always good to be at home with people you love.
So, these were the upsides of having a sibling. If you have one, we are sure you agree and have experienced all this. Do tell us more about the pros of having siblings.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Life category.